SummaryMaker & Collaboration space, run by George Mason University students We are a multidisciplinary community of makers, innovators, artists, and engineers.
Phone: Innovation : (703)-993-5889 Fenwick : (703)-993-6499
Addresses: Next to Fenwick Library
and Innovation Hall 318
Summer Hours: Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM
The MIX@Innovation is closed for the summer, however, our new location – the MIX@Fenwick – is open during the work-week. Come check out the space, learn about our equipment, or work on collaborative projects.
Both MIX locations offer visitors access to various types of technologies and resources. Workshops are held to teach the skills and concepts necessary to proficiently operate the associated machinery or software. In addition to workshops, competitions, and accelerator programs that foster entrepreneurial thinking, we at the MIX offer:
- 1,400 sq ft makerspace, MIX@Innovation
- 14,000 sq ft collaboration space, MIX@Fenwick
- Collaboration with the Mason Small Business Development Center
- Hand and power tools
- Virtual reality room with HTC Vive and Oculus Rift
- Screen printing, vinyl cutter, and heat press
- Sewing and embroidery machines
- CNC Laser cutter and engraver
- Soldering station
- Electronics prototyping tools, including breadboards, jumpers, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes
Under development. Soft opening summer 2017. Located in the old Fenwick Library on the Mason Fairfax campus.
The Mason Innovation Exchange in Innovation Hall, or M.I.X.@Innovation Hall, is the first of Mason’s learning spaces intentionally designed for students, faculty and staff to come together for the express purpose of creating, building, problem-solving, and collaborating collectively.
The overarching vision for the M.I.X.@Innovation Hall is
- To build and maintain a place that affords collaboration on all forms of technology, culture, and craft in new and dynamic ways
- To freely share research and discoveries, using what is learned to teach others
- To encourage educational innovations, programmatic and otherwise, that capitalize on the affordances of the space
- To facilitate creative experimentation and launch innovative solutions and prototypes for contemporary challenges, especially in partnership with industry and community sponsors
- To strengthen alumni connections through entrepreneurial and mentorship opportunities
- To strengthen and expand the Mason Innovation Community in the greater metropolitan DC area
- To recruit and develop talented contributors devoted to these goals